Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2019

Fran Drescher hints that 'The Nanny' may be in the works for Broadway

"Peter (Marc Jacobson) and I are doing a 'Nanny'-related project that's very big, that I think the fans will be thrilled with," Fran Drescher told CNN on Wednesday night at the Endometriosis Foundation of America's Blossom Ball, where she was receiving the organization's lifetime award.
When pressed as to whether the project would be a TV reboot, she immediately said, "No (not TV). ... I can't do the TV right now until we get this up."
But when asked about Broadway, she smiled and began laughing, "I can't say! We're going to be announcing it very soon, but my producer isn't ready. Right now we are in the writing (stages) and meeting directors."
But fans' dreams shouldn't be dashed because Drescher says bringing her hit '90s sitcom back to TV is definitely in the cards.
"Once this is up and going, then I would like to dive into doing a new 'Nanny.' Not a reboot of the old 'Nanny' but a new 'Nanny,' " she said. "Maybe I could be Sylvia (Fine)," referring to her character's mother on the series.
Drescher had the title role in the '90s sitcom she created with her ex-husband, Peter Marc Jacobson.
Drescher created the show about the Jewish nanny from Flushing, New York, with her ex-husband, Jacobson. The show ran on CBS from 1993 to 1999, and she said she's "thrilled" that 20 years later people are still wanting more.
"It's my baby. It's a once-in-a-lifetime role," she said. "It's classic TV. I'm thrilled. It's the gift that keeps on giving. I leverage it all the time for what I want to do, and I try and keep the momentum going, and I support whatever channel it's playing on."

Let's block ads! (Why?)

from CNN.com - RSS Channel kalo berita gak lengkap buka link disamping https://cnn.it/2Vflh9q

No comments:

Post a Comment