Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2018

Father's parting words to son killed in California shooting: 'I love you'

"His name was Cody Coffman, my firstborn son," said Coffman, his voice breaking as he wiped tears away with a tissue.
"Oh God ... oh son, I love you so much," he said, clutching his chest. "Oh heavenly father, just please be with him."
Jason Coffman displays a photo of his son Cody outside the Thousands Oaks Teen Center.
Cody had just turned 22, and was in the process of talking to recruiters so he could join the Army, Coffman said. He was also the head umpire for a local baseball league. He touched so many people, his father said.
Cody left behind three brothers under the age of 10. The family is expecting a sister later this month.
Sheriff's Sgt. Ron Helus was set to retire soon. He was killed in the Thousand Oaks attack
"Cody was the big brother that my kids need," Coffman said. "He was so excited to have his first sister, and now she'll never know. ... Oh Cody, I love you son."
Coffman said he spoke with his son Wednesday night right before he headed to the Borderline Bar & Grill in Thousand Oaks.
"The first thing I said was, 'Please don't drink and drive,' " Coffman said. "The last thing I said was, 'Son, I love you.' "

Let's block ads! (Why?)

from CNN.com - RSS Channel kalo berita gak lengkap buka link disamping https://ift.tt/2SWMfCX

No comments:

Post a Comment