Pages

Monday, September 17, 2018

Supreme Court nominee faces sexual assault allegation

CNN was not provided a copy of the letter sent to Feinstein, but a source who had the letter read the contents of a redacted version to CNN, in which California professor Christine Blasey Ford detailed her allegations of sexual assault.

She wrote to Feinstein that had "received medical treatment regarding the assault" and said she expected it to remain confidential as she felt compelled to say something.

"Kavanaugh physically pushed me into a bedroom as I was headed for a bathroom up a short stairwell from the living room," read the letter. "They locked the door and played loud music precluding any successful attempt to yell for help. Kavanaugh was on top of me while laughing with REDACTED, who periodically jumped onto Kavanaugh. They both laughed as Kavanaugh tried to disrobe me in their highly inebriated state. With Kavanaugh's hand over my mouth I feared he may inadvertently kill me."

The letter, as read to CNN, said the woman had "not knowingly seen Kavanaugh since the assault," but had seen the other person once, and that he "was extremely uncomfortable seeing me."

"It is upsetting to discuss sexual assault and its repercussions, yet I felt guilty and compelled as a citizen about the idea of not saying anything," the letter read.

Going through the allegation she had made in her letter, Ford told the Post that Kavanaugh and his friend were drunk at the time and that he put his hand over her mouth when she tried to scream.

"I thought he might inadvertently kill me," Ford said. "He was trying to attack me and remove my clothing."

Let's block ads! (Why?)

from CNN.com - RSS Channel kalo berita gak lengkap buka link disamping https://ift.tt/2D3Fv2f

No comments:

Post a Comment